Miller House Gluten Free Cherry Bread
Special equipment: 8” x 4” x 2 3/4 loaf pan
1 3/4 cups Dried Cherries, Chopped
1 cup water, boiling
1 1/2 + 2 Tablespoons Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
pinch of salt
3 1/2 teaspoons Baking powder, gluten free
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons (5 oz) Vegetable oil
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons (5 oz) buttermilk (Soy milk can be substituted)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF
- Combine chopped cherries with boiling water and set aside until cool. Drain.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon,, and sugar thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine oil, buttermilk, and eggs thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredient mixture and blend completely until smooth.
- Fold soaked dried cherries into batter. Pout in to oiled loaf pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted near the center of the loaf comes our clean.
Yields one standard 8” x 4” x 2 3/4 loaf (10 servings)