Pork Scrapple, My Way!
16 serving depending on how you cut the pieces.
6-cups pork stock, from bones or from pork base
1-large carrot, chopped
1-large rib celery chopped
1-medium onion chopped
1-1/2 pounds pork shoulder, cut into cubes
2 cups corn meal (polenta)
1-tsp each of black pepper, thyme, salt, marjoram (or basil), and sage
1. Grease a 1/4 sheet pan and line with parchment paper.
2. Place stock in a 5-quart stock pot
3. Add carrot, celery and onion, bring to a boil.
4. Add pork to the post and bring to a simmer and cook for about 30-minutes.
5. Remove the meat from the stock and let cool.
6. Drain the pork stock through a sieve and return to the pot and add water if necessary to make 6-cups, discard the
7. Grind the pork using a fine-grind plate, reserve.
8. Bring stock to a boil and add the salt, pepper, thyme, sage, and marjoram or basil.
9. Add the polenta in a slow stream and stir until begins to thicken. Add the ground pork to the polenta and pour into prepared 1/4 sheet pan and cool in refrigeration.
10. Cut in to portion size to use immediately or to freeze for future use.